Being creatively fulfilled, healthy, learning languages, and sorting my career out is what I want most (along with maintaining and/or strengthening healthy relationships with the people I care about). 2015 Began with plenty of hope, but kind of fizzled out. And so unlike this time last year, I feel rather down about my chances of achieving my Resolutions for 2016. But I’ve got to give it a go. So without further ado, I present BRYAN PARRY’S 2016 NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS.
GOALS FOR 2016
- Do something, at least half an hour, from each [CATEGORY] on this list, every day.
- [LANG] 30′ minimum every day each for Swedish and Spanish using Memrise and Duolingo.
- [LANG] Work towards B1 level in Spanish and aim to sign up for a course in the last quarter of 2016.
- [LANG] Do an A2 Swedex.
- [LANG] Complete Duff’s The Elements of New Testament Greek, and then Taylor GCSE 1, again. One chapter a fortnight. Upon completion, look into doing GCSEs in Ancient Greek again.
- [ART] Continue updating The Doggerelizer weekly, Wrixlings monthly, start updating YouTube twice monthly.
- [ART] Do one cartoon per six weeks; begin to upload them and/or other artwork online.
- [ART] Get the first draft of Part II of a book I’m writing, code name 21CLF, finished in a “polished draft”.
- [ART] Get the first draft of Part III of “21CLF” finished.
- [ART] Get one feature length script up to 2nd/3rd draft stage.
- [ART] Send off the pilot of one of my sitcom series ideas to a producer.
- [ART] Over the course of a year, do an average of one 30′ sitcom script per six weeks — total redrafts of scripts are counted towards this goal.
- [LIFE] My weight has ballooned again: cut myself down to a healthy BMI & weight (around 13st; a pound loss a week for 52 weeks) and stay there through healthy changes of diet and exercise regime, specifically, a minimum of three days going to the gym, daily use of the work gym for 30′ intense sessions, and less snacks.
- [LIFE] Pass my driving theory test and begin lessons.
- [LIFE] Get out and stay out of my overdraft.
- [WORK] Sit and pass the International Phonetics Association exam.
- [WORK] Research and apply to do an MA/MPhil in an area of Linguistics.
- [WORK] Begin a DELTA to improve my ESOL career.
- [WORK] Do the first two editing courses, set up as an official business, network and set up online media relating to the business.
- [WORK] Get a better paid job.
- [GEN] Go to Thailand with the Missus. [during Thai dry season]
- [GEN] Finish reading the Koran.
© 2015 Bryan A. J. Parry