Dear Football Association,
I call on you and the England team to boycott the Qatar 2022 world cup if FIFA does not strip Qatar of the tournament.
- The bidding process has shown to be shambolic and corrupt.
- Qatar has no infrastructure for this tournament.
- Qatar has no footballing culture.
- The tournament will leave no “legacy” for the people of Qatar.
- Thousands have died so far trying to get Qatar ready for the games.
- They won the tournament due to the corruption of Sepp Blatter and co.
- Qatar is itself a dodgy monarchy with little-to-no respect for human rights.
Please, FA, I call on you to not send an England team to the tournament. We’re not going to win anyway, are we?
Please, all the other football associations of the world, do likewise: boycott this travesty of a tournament.
Note: I wrote this blog entry in 2016. I still feel the same way.
© 2016-2020 Bryan A. J. Parry